Welcome to the Veterinary Accreditation Vesicular Diseases module.
This module consists of two sections that will prepare you to properly recognize a vesicular disease case. First, you will learn some general information that pertains to vesicular diseases. Then you will apply the introductory information to a fictional but plausible scenario.
Upon completion of this module, an accredited veterinarian will be able to
- understand the economic impact of an outbreak,
- name four vesicular diseases of importance in the United States,
- apply biosecurity measures specific for vesicular diseases,
- recognize the clinical signs associated with each vesicular disease; and
- know how to report a possible vesicular disease case.
Completion of this module is estimated to take 45 minutes but will vary depending on your familiarity with the diseases and information presented.