Welcome to the Sheep and Goats: Disease Awareness and Health Certificates module. After completing this module, accredited veterinarians will be able to:
- List common diseases of sheep and goats and identify those that are zoonotic;
- List the four requirements that must be met for USDA to officially recognize a scrapie genotype test;
- Understand the differences in the National Scrapie Eradication Program and the Scrapie Flock Certification Program;
- Explain the types of official identification required for international and interstate movement of sheep and goats; and
- Identify common errors on completed International Health Certificates and Certificates of Veterinary Inspection.
Completion of this module is estimated to take 60 minutes but will vary depending on your familiarity with the information presented.