Welcome to the Overview of Foreign Animal, USDA Program, and Reportable Diseases module. As an accredited veterinarian, awareness and understanding of these diseases is important to the health and well-being of animals and the public.
Upon completion of this module, an accredited veterinarian will be able to
- define foreign animal, USDA Program and reportable diseases,
- describe the safeguards that help prevent FADs from entering the U.S.,
- outline the steps in a foreign animal disease investigation,
- list the USDA programs for controlling or eradicating diseases in various species of livestock and poultry,
- recognize the additional training opportunities available to accredited veterinarians,
- report foreign animal and reportable diseases, and
- locate additional resources and learning opportunities.
Completion of this module is expected to take 60 minutes, but will vary with your familiarity of the topics presented.