Welcome to the Overview of Foreign Animal, USDA Program, and Reportable Diseases module. As an accredited veterinarian, awareness and understanding of these diseases is important to the health and well-being of animals and the public.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Define foreign animal, USDA Program and reportable diseases
- Describe the safeguards that help prevent FADs from entering the U.S.
- Outline the steps in a foreign animal disease investigation
- List the USDA programs for controlling or eradicating diseases in various species of livestock and poultry
- Recognize the additional training opportunities available to accredited veterinarians
- Report foreign animal and reportable diseases
- Locate additional resources and learning opportunities
Completion of this module is expected to take 60 minutes, but will vary with your familiarity of the topics presented.