Welcome to the National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP) module. Upon completion of this module, accredited veterinarians will be able to:
- Describe the scope of NPIP and how changes to the Plan are made;
- Identify the portions of NPIP that are the most relevant for further exploration;
- Define the different flock and state classification levels in NPIP;
- Find the specific monitoring and testing requirements in the Code of Federal Regulations for a specific type of production unit and disease classification; and
- Locate additional resources (e.g., Official State Agencies, Authorized Laboratories) relative to the NPIP program.
Completion of this module is estimated to take 50 minutes but will vary depending on your familiarity with the information presented.