Welcome to the Foreign Animal Disease Detection in Category I Animals module.
Upon completing this module, an accredited veterinarian will be able to
- report a suspected foreign animal disease (FAD);
- describe the important role of accredited veterinarians in surveillance and detection of FADs;
- realize the potential impact an FAD in a Category I animal could have on food animal populations, public health, and the economy;
- list the zoonotic FADs presented in this module; and
- recognize clinical signs of key FADs in Category I animals.
Completion of this module is estimated to take 45 minutes but will vary depending on your familiarity with the material.